Yellow, 1,000 Foot Shielded Stranded bulk CAT5E Ethernet Cable in a pull box.
Stranded cable is typically preferred when making patch cables for use in automation and robotics due to it's flexibility yet sometimes it also needs to be shielded to prevent crosstalk and other electrical interference. This product fills both needs and comes in an easy to use pull box. This CAT5E Shielded Stranded Cable is CM Rated which makes it the ideal solution for reliable installations where the cable will be used indoors. The 8 conductors (4-Pairs) are stranded copper with a high density polyethylene (HDPE) insulation, over all foil shielding (FTP) and a PVC CM rated RoHS, RoHS2, & RoHS3 Compliant jacket. One common application for stranded cable is fabricating custom patch cables due to the flexibility that the stranded configuration offers. Our ETL Verified CM Rated Shielded Category 5E Stranded Cable is designed for indoor LAN applications, making it a great fit for indoor installation runs that require the cable to be installed in walls or any other non-plenum areas.
Why Shielded Cable?
Shielded cables protect the signal it carries from outside EMI’s (Electro Magnetic Interference) in addition it reduces the chance of it's own the signal from emitting any EMI. You would want to use a shielded cable to prevent EMI from both entering and exiting your cable. Exiting can be a problem in environments such as hospital rooms etc. and and of course there are many chances for EMI to cause problems when a cable is ran near others.
If you don’t quite need a whole box or feel like building these yourself then you may be interested to know that we can custom build a wide variety of patch cables on demand. If you’re already setup with the tools you’ll need as well as ends, jacks and the Ethernet Cable DIY knowledge then it’s not a problem. If you’d rather just have us do it then we have a set of easy to use custom length ethernet cable calculators you can use to quickly price out what you need and we can build them for you!
- Shielded, High-performance Data Communications Cable for Noisy Environments
- Suitable for 350MHz High Speed Data Applications, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and 155Mbps TP-PMD CDDI
- Category-5E Foil Shielded Twisted Pair (F/UTP) Cable
- Metallic shielding prevents interference
- 4-pair, Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
- 24 AWG Stranded Copper Conductors
- Excellent Attenuation and Crosstalk Characteristics
- Sequential Foot Markers on Jacket
- Exceeds ANSI/TIA-568.2-D, CSA and ISO/IEC 11801 Specifications
- ETL Verified CM Rated (communications riser cable)
- Supplied in 1000´ Pull Boxes - simply pull what you need, as you need it
- Designed for Indoor Installations
- RoHS, RoHS2, & RoHS3 Compliant
Still have questions? Check out this helpful link we've put together...
Do you have questions regarding the compatibility or functionality of this product? Or are you looking for another cable, connector, or peripheral device? Please contact us and we will work with you on a one-on-one basis to resolve any dilemma you may have and find the product that you need!