CMP Cable ( CMP is short for Communications Multipurpose Plenum ) is a specially engineered and manufactured cable which allows it to be installed in Plenum air spaces, spaces in public buildings where air flow may travel. Plenum cable, while not flame proof it is flame retardant and does not emit the same toxic fumes that non plenum cable may if burned. This CAT5E, or some form of of CMP Cable may be required if you are installing this in air ducts, above a drop ceiling or under the floor in many situations. Because the fire codes vary so much state to state and even in the smaller, county, township or municipality we strongly recommend you contact the local authorities to determine if you need Plenum - CMP cable or not.
- High-Performance cat5e plenum rated Data Cable
- Suitable for High-Speed Data Applications
- Fast Ethernet and 155Mbps TP-PMD/CDDI
- Flame Retardant – Plenum Cable
- Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
- Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Cable
- 1000' 24AWG Solid Bare Copper Conductors
- Exceeds TIA/EIA 568-C.2 specifications
- Excellent Attenuation and Crosstalk Characteristics
- Box label easy to identify, matches cable color
- ETL Listed, RoHS Compliant
- 1000ft Pull Box
Would you like to learn more about Cat5, Cat5e, and Cat6 cable? Click here.
Do you have questions regarding the compatibility or functionality of this product? Or are you looking for another cable, connector, or peripheral device? Please contact us and we will work with you on a one-on-one basis to resolve any dilemma you may have and find the product that you need!
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Some of the best cable I've installed, even the packaging seemed better!
Very nice product at a resonable cost