Cables for Less may offer to ship packages via UPS and / or the US Postal Service but not FedEx (this includes third party account shipping).
We may ship from any number of various locations based on product availability, while our office and warehouse is in Indiana we may ship from California, Florida, New York or other locations as we deem appropriate based on stock levels, proximity, cut off times or other factors.
- All orders have a shipping deadline of 2:00 PM (EST) during normal business days (Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays).
- We use many advanced methods to process your order. Over 90% of all orders ship the same day if received by the shipping deadline.
- Orders placed on the weekend do not ship until the next regular business day, usually Monday.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us when your order ships. This will include your tracking number (when applicable).
- We take pride in our shipping and handling! For packing filler, we use recycled paper whenever possible.
- USPS Priority Mail packages are shipped using high quality packaging provided by the Postal Service.
- First-Class Mail packages will often be shipped using a padded envelope (bubble mailer).
- All UPS Ground, & 3 Day Packages are shipped using high quality cardboard boxes.
- Expedited packages (i.e. Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air), we make use of high quality packaging provided by the shipping companies whenever possible.
Contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-273-9556 to obtain an RMA number.
(If you would rather request an RMA number via email, you may use our Contact Us form.)
- You may return current, non-discontinued, non-custom, non-special order items for credit up to 30 days from the invoice date. Be advised, a 15% Re-stocking fee will be charged on any returned items. Any items outside the 30 days WILL NOT BE RETURNABLE.
- Large quantities (500 pcs. or more) totaling over $1000 are considered non-returnable.
- Custom items (made to your specs) may not be returned, unless otherwise stated, except in the case of a manufacturer defect.
- Be sure to return the merchandise in its original packaging and in resalable condition.
- You can use the shipper of your choice for your return however neither Cables For Less, nor the shipper are responsible for lost or damaged items if the proper insurance is not acquired prior to shipment.
- Processing your return will occur within 5-7 business days of delivery of the return. For all credit card orders, we will credit the same card account (minus the 15% re-stocking charge) within 48 hours of your return being processed. For all other forms of payment, we will issue a company check within 1-2 weeks of your return being processed.
- Any defective merchandise must be received within 30 days of receipt of replacement merchandise. If defective merchandise is not received within 30 days you are authorizing cables for less to charge your account for the replacement merchandise.
Some products that we sell are, by their nature, non-returnable; this page attempts to explain our reasoning behind this policy. If you have any questions that aren't covered in this page, or if you would like to discuss any of these topics in further detail, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Custom Cables
- Custom products are generally unique in nature, and are therefore difficult (if not impossible) to resell. For this reason, we have a blanket policy that states custom cables are non-returnable. If it's determined that a custom cable simply needs to be re-worked or it's configuration changed in order to operate properly, we can generally do so if you send it back to us. Such a scenario may be subject to additional labor and/or shipping charges, however.
- Bulk Cable - Large boxes or spools of cable, 500' or more
- Large, heavy-weight products sometimes don't ship too well; the package often becomes weakened during the shipping process, and after multiple shipments, such products become difficult to resell due to the weakened structure of the packaging. We have had instances where some of the bulk cable is used, and less is returned than what was originally sold/shipped; rather than attempt to calculate the resulting refund, and try to resell a 947 foot spool of cable (for example), it is more efficient to simply not accept returns on such products.
- Closeout / Discontinued Products
- These types of products are either no longer available from the manufacturer, or we have simply decided to stop carrying them altogether for any number of reasons. Such products have diminishing allocated shelf space, and simply can no longer be re-stocked in our warehouse.
- Large Quantities (any single line item of 500 pieces or more) equal to or greater than $1000
- In most cases we do not warehouse large quantities, we instead drop ship from our supplier. We are limited to comply with the return policy of our suppliers and therefore cannot allow returns on large quantities of items, except in the case of a manufacturer defect.
- Any Product Clearly Stated As Being "Non-Returnable"
- In some cases, we will make it clear within a product's name or description that it is not able to be returned. Such products may not always fall into one of the above product groupings.
Damaged or Shortage Claims
- Please follow these recommendations upon receiving an order.
- Open your order immediately upon receipt to check for concealed damage and compare your order to the items shipped.
- Make a note of any damage or shortage on the freight bill or carrier's receipt next to your signature. (The carrier's agent must also sign acknowledging the loss).
- If damaged, keep the original shipping cartons for possible inspection by the carrier. You must report claims for loss or damage within 3 business days of the delivery date.
Warranty & Liability Disclaimer
- Cables For Less limits its warranties to 1 Year (unless otherwise stated) from invoice date.
- Cables For Less will repair or, at its option, replace products that prove to be defective under proper use during the warranty period. No other warranties are expressed or implied.
- The customer may be required to pay for shipping to return the item. We will then pay the return shipping cost, and ship the item(s) via UPS ground or US Mail. Faster shipping methods are available at customers expense.
- Our products are not intended for use as critical components in life-support systems or devices. Therefore we are not responsible for any direct, consequential or indirect damages resulting from their use.