Terms And Conditions
By submitting an order with Cables for Less, you agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth below:
Order Change / Cancellation Policy
- You may request that we modify or cancel your order via email: orderchanges (at) cablesforless.com or phone: (800) 273-9556, ext. 13 at any time after placing your order, unless it has already been packaged and issued a shipping label (sometimes within minutes after you place your order, as we work very quickly and efficiently to meet our daily shipping deadlines), at which point no modifications or cancellations will be permitted.
- The presence of a UPS, FedEx, or USPS tracking number, assigned to your order within our internal order management system (viewable only by Cables for Less employees) is how we will determine if your order has already been shipped, and can therefore no longer be modified or canceled. (i.e. Cables for Less' online order status system has a slight delay, and may not display your order as "Shipped" until the end of a given business day, even if a shipping label was generated for your order early in the day).
- Any modifications or cancellations we perform at your request will incur a $3.00 fee, to be processed using the same payment method originally used for your order. This fee will also be imposed on any undeliverable / refused orders, as well as a 15% restocking fee.
Shipping Deadlines (for same-day shipping)
- All orders have a shipping deadline of 3:30 PM (ET) during normal business days (Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays).
- We use many advanced methods to process your order. Over 80% of all orders ship the same day if received by the shipping deadline.
- Orders placed on the weekend do not ship until the next regular business day, usually Monday.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us when your order ships. This will include your tracking number (when applicable).
- We take pride in our shipping and handling!
- For packing filler, we use recycled paper when possible.
- USPS Priority Mail packages are shipped using high quality packaging provided by the United States Postal Service.
- First-Class Mail packages will often be shipped using a padded envelope (bubble mailer). Rest assured, we will not ship fragile items using such packaging.
- All UPS Ground, FedEx Ground & 3 Day Packages are shipped using high quality cardboard boxes.
- When shipping expedited packages (i.e. Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air), we make use of high quality packaging provided by the shipping companies whenever possible.
Adverse Weather Conditions
- At Cables for Less, we greatly value the safety of our employees, and reserve the right to change our hours of operation at any time, if warranted by dangerous weather conditions. In rare cases, weather-related delays may affect the delivery time of your order. Rest assured, such a decision will be made only if absolutely necessary.
Return Policy / Restocking Fee
- You may return current, non-discontinued, non-custom items for credit up to 30 days from the invoice date.
- Custom cable assemblies cannot be returned; custom cable orders cannot be canceled once assembly of said cable(s) has begun.
- A 15% restocking fee will be charged on any returned items (excluding only defective items under warranty).
- All returns must first be authorized by our Customer Service Department: cservice (at) cablesforless.com -or- (800) 273-9556, opt. 2; an RMA number will be issued for all approved returns. Cables for Less reserves to right to authorize product returns beyond 30 days; in such an event, only store credit will be issued, to be used only for future purchases with Cables for Less.
- Receipt of an RMA number does not extend the 30-day time limit for returns.
- Be sure to return the merchandise in its original packaging and in resalable condition; returned products must be clean, un-damaged, and complete with all manuals, accessories, documentation and packaging. We reserve the right to reject any returned products that do not meet these conditions.
- Unless a different carrier is specified by your customer service representative, please ship your return via UPS freight prepaid and insured (neither Cables For Less, nor UPS are responsible for lost or damaged items if the proper insurance is not acquired prior to shipment).
- We will process your credit immediately upon receipt of your return order. For all credit card orders, we will credit the same card account (minus the 15% re-stocking charge) within 48 hours after receipt of your package. For all other forms of payment, we will issue a company check within 1-2 weeks of receipt of goods.
Damaged or Shortage Claims
- Open your order immediately upon receipt to check for concealed damage and compare your order to the items shipped.
- Make a note of any damage or shortage on the freight bill or carrier's receipt next to your signature. (The carrier's agent must also sign acknowledging the loss).
- If damaged, keep the original shipping cartons for possible inspection by the carrier. You must report claims for loss or damage within 3 business days of the delivery date.
- Cables for Less charges Indiana state sales tax at a rate of 7.00% only for orders delivered to, or picked-up in the state of Indiana. If you are located in Indiana, and are tax exempt, please call before placing your order, and be prepared to provide us with proof of your tax exemption.
- California residents are personally responsible for any use taxes due on purchases; Cables for Less does not charge or collect California state sales tax.
Warranty & Liability Disclaimer
- Cables for Less limits its warranties to 1 Year (unless otherwise stated) from invoice date.
- Cables for Less will repair or, at its option, replace products that prove to be defective under proper use during the warranty period. No other warranties are expressed or implied.
- The customer is required to pay for shipping to return the item, we will pay the return shipping cost, and ship the item(s) via UPS ground or US Mail, faster shipping methods are available at customer's expense.
- Our products are not intended for use as critical components in life-support systems or devices. Therefore we are not responsible for any direct, consequential or indirect damages resulting from their use.